What do I need to do to enroll my student in tutoring?
- Your student must take a diagnostic assessment before enrolling in a tutoring program. After testing, the parent/guardian will be scheduled for a post-assessment consultation. We will discuss your student's test results and a recommended tutoring program for your student.
Can I choose the program for my student?
- We use the diagnostic assessment to determine where your student is at academically and any learning gaps they may have. The tutoring program and plan is recommended based on the assessment. It is a recommendation, so if you would like to try an alternative program or plan-- we will try to accommodate that. We enjoy working with the parents and student as a team to reach excellence.
Where does tutoring for my student take place?
- Tutoring takes place at our center (Pearland, TX) or online in a virtual classroom.
Can you tutor my student at home?
- Unfortunately, we no longer offer in-home tutoring. However, we will go to homes, schools, or businesses for 4+ students per hour.
What if I want a mixture of small group and 1:1 tutoring?
- We recommend hybrid programs for majority of our students, as it's very effective. Just let us know this is what you are interested in for your student and we will try our best to accommodate.
How soon will it take to get the diagnostic assessment results?
- We will have the test scored and analyzed within 72 hours. You can schedule both the assessment and a post-assessment consultation, as long as the consultation is 3 days after the assessment date.
How do I check on my student's progress?
- We do a progress test every 35-40 sessions to get quantitative data to assess your student's growth. Tutors complete reports on each student after each session so that the team is constantly updated of each student's progress and the learning strategies that are working best for the student. Parents can schedule a Student Update appointment at any time, for an informal report to know how your student is done.
How do payments work?
- Tutoring programs are on a month-to-month basis. Tuition payments are due on the 20th of every month. There is a 3 day grace period. Beginning on the 24th, a late fee will be added.
- Tuition is pro-rated if the student starts in the middle of the month.
Are payment plans available?
- We allow bi-monthly payments for students, if requested by the parent/guardian. For this accommodation, late payments are not tolerated.
Are there discounts for siblings?
- Yes, a regular rate for one student, and a 10% discount is applied toward the tuition of the sibling.
What is the cancellation policy?
- 24-hour notice is required for cancellation of a single session. Failure to notify us 24 hours in advance after 3 occurrences, will result in a $25 cancellation fee. If appropriate notice is given, your student is eligible for a make-up session.
- 60-day notice is recommended for cancellation of the tutoring program. A 30-day notice is required. Payments are due before the 20th-- if payment is not received by the end of the month, your student's program may be canceled.